This no-sew heart elbow patch shirt is perfect for Valentine’s day. It is so easy because you just use fabric glue. I bought the patches from the dollar store and had enough leftover for make some heart-themed accessories. They are the perfect flash of love for the holiday.
When I saw these sequin heart patches I immediately began planning my Valentine’s day crafts. The patches cost less than $5 for four of them. The white long sleeve tee is from the Gap and cost less than $20 on sale – so the custom shirt was less than $25. Not bad, right? With the pink patches (they came with one red and one pink patch) I made a brooch and barrette. Also the best part is the sequins are reversible!
Heart Elbow Patch Shirt
- Long sleeve shirt
- 2 heart patches
- fabric glue
- While wearing the shirt pin the elbow patches where you want them to go. Carefully take the shirt off.
- Straighten the heart placement and make sure it is even with the other sleeve.
- Place piece of cardboard in sleeve right under the heart
- Dab dots of fabric glue under each heart and press down.
- Let dry for 24 hours.
Hearth Brooch & Barrette
- Heart patches
- Brooch backing
- Barrette backing
- Glue gun
- Glue gun glue
- Trace the heart on to the felt
- Cut out at least two hearts (one for the brooch and one for the barrette)
- Glue the brooch or barrette backing to the heart with your glue gun
- Put the heart shape over the backing (cut slits in the felt so it will fit)
- Glue felt in place and trim any excess from the sides of the heart
- Glue another layer of felt on the back to make the brooch/barrette sturdier.
If you want more Valentine’s Day Crafts check out my Valentine’s Day Pancake Gift Basket.