I am obsessed with Halloween and am ashamed to say I did not have a Halloween wreath for my door. This was a perfect reason to DIY and make something unique. I decided to go with a sparkly pumpkin and witch theme in purple and orange. Orange is essentially the Halloween and fall colour so it MUST be incorporated into your Halloween wreath :)! The wreath cost approximately $22 to make and all the supplies were from Michaels or Dollarama. The garland and sparkly pumpkins were from the dollar store, all other supplies were from Michaels.
I’m glad to say I was able to hang it before October even began! Make your own with the tutorial below.
- Black sparkly branch wreath form
- Leaf garland
- Wired ribbon
- Assortment of sparkly pumpkins and other details (wooden witches)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Wire or string for the loop at the back to hang the wreath
- Lay out all of your supplies
- Begin to glue the leaf garland and ribbon around the wreath
- Alternate which goes on top the garland then the ribbon
Glue the sparkly pumpkins evenly around the wreath. Strategically place the witches.
- Use the extra ribbon to create a bow
- Puff the ribbon up and create fullness with the wire – pull it up so that the ribbon isn’t flat against the wreath.
- Put a loop of wire or string on the back of the wreath to hang it just in time for Halloween.
- Clean up the sparkles as they will be everywhere!
Happy Halloween! I would love to see your Halloween decor!