I didn’t make this crown for any particular reason other than the fact I got hair extensions and just felt I had flower crown hair. Making one has been on my to-do list for awhile and the hair was the perfect excuse to try it. As Halloween approaches it’s good accessory for for a fairy or woodland creature costume. It’s also a vital addition for festival season and Pride. Basically any time you can dress like a lunatic I would recommend wearing one.
Here is my spring version of the flower crown, you can make it with or without floral tape. If you don’t have the tape you can work around it, by just gluing the flowers to the wire. Decide on your colour combination and follow the directions below.
- Various fake flowers (different colours and sizes)
- Wire – medium thickness
- Glue gun glue
- Floral tape (optional)
- Glue gun
1. Pull flowers off stems including leaves
2. Cut off stems. If they have them, pull plastic backings off big flowers
3. Take a piece of wire and wrap it around your head where you want the crown to sit 2-3 times.
4. Take the wire and wrap it under and over itself to secure in place.
5. Start gluing biggest flowers to the crown
6. Take floral tape to make mini bouquets of smaller flowers, glue tape ends to secure (optional). If you don’t want to use floral tape just glue the flowers to the wire or each other.
7. Glue bouquets to wire crown
8. Glue flowers wherever there are spaces
9. Keep gluing until desired fullness is reached
10. Cut extra leaves off including stems
11. Glue leaves on the inside of the crown covering the wire
Try it on and admire your flower crown
Where would you wear your flower crown?