This dainty doily banner is so easy and CHEAP to make! It costs under $2 to create and the effort is minimal. It is the perfect decor for an afternoon tea and all the supplies can be found at the dollar store.
I made this banner for a mutual friend’s Kentucky Derby themed bridal shower. Unfortunately, I couldn’t attend because I was on vacation; but it looked lovely from the pictures. The girls were asked to dress in floral with hats or fascinators in their hair – I love a good theme! It is hard to plan events with limited money; but it is possible to throw a stellar party when you use your creative DIY brain.
See below for instructions on how to create your own banner.
- Doilies (3 sizes)
- Ribbon (colour choice is yours)
- Glue gun
- First decide on your pattern – the combination can be whatever you like. For my banner I went with the pattern: small, medium, big, medium, small. I liked this because there was a focal point in the middle
- Fold your doilies in half
- Glue the folded doilies over the ribbon in the pattern you chose. Drop some glue in the crease of the doily and press down
- Continue gluing the doilies until you reach your desired length
- Leave enough excess ribbon on both ends so that you can hang/tie the banner
- Hang and admire your banner
Have a wonderful party!