I usually hate Valentine’s day; so for the first Valentine’s Day I was with “T” I decided to make it special and sentimental.
For us, making epic breakfasts and chocolate chip pancakes are a weekly occurrence. The first time I ever cooked for him I made B.L.T’s with microwavable bacon. After that he opened my eyes to the wonders of real bacon. We’ve also now moved on to making pancakes from scratch.
The night before Valentine’s Day I gave him the Valentine’s Day Pancake Gift Basket. The items were personal so adjust for the partner.
- pancake mix (Bisquick)
- maple syrup (being Canadian, the real kind of course!)
- chocolate chips (Chipits are nut-free)
- love candle because my tough boyfriend loves Bath & Body Works candles
- heart cookie cutters
- bacon cookie which matched the bacon card (Drake General Store)
- ribbon and cellophane for decoration
On Valentine’s day morning I got up early and cooked breakfast – warning do not cook bacon in lingerie. I used the heart cookie cutters to cut the pancakes after they were made. Then I displayed them nicely on a plate with a garnish of fruit and bacon.