I love those sparkly Christmas ball wreaths! But I could never find one in the right colour. So if the perfect wreath doesn’t exist; you DIY it!
After a trip to Dollarama; I had the needed supplies to get started. You can also do this after Christmas with nicer on SALE ornaments!
- Plastic/Styrofoam Christmas ornaments in varying sizes (I used approximately 50)
- strong wire or a wire hanger
- glue gun
- ribbon to hang wreath
- Decide on a colour scheme when you buy the ornaments
- Work wire into a circle; the size is up to you.
- String larger ornaments onto wire via the ornament holes
- Glue the ornaments together as you go and bend into a circle
- Glue smaller ornaments into the spaces between the larger ornaments
- Keep stringing the ornaments and filling in the gaps until you reach a desired size.
- Tie a ribbon to the back of the wreath to hang on door.
After I hung my multi-coloured wreath on my door; my neighbour requested one; so I made her a classic version.
Voila! Now you have a customized Christmas wreath to adorn your front door.